Saturday, July 12, 2008

Watercolour & Acrylic

This is a work I tried in acrylic. It was more of a design that I'd developed from the series of paintings that I've been working on - but it didn't quite go the way I wanted it to, so I haven't white-washed it yet, but it's on the shelf for contemplation.
Detail from a painting that was purchased by an art museum in America. It disappeared so quickly, I didn't get a chance to take a picture of the complete image. So here it is, split in two. I enjoyed this painting and managed to complete it fairly quickly, even with 2 small children! (At the time they were 3 and 5.) This is where idea for the series of paintings dedicated to women of South Africa started.

1 comment:

Denae said...

Amazing work Lou. Hon, you are so talented! I really like the top acrylic. I think you should white wash. Your blog looks fabulous.