Thursday, July 10, 2008

Latest Work


So this is the last completed work - I'm busy working on 3 paintings at the moment - I try not to do this - I prefer to work on one painting and complete it before starting more paintings, but it does help to break through the "Wall" if you can work on a different painting and then come back to the work you're stuck on. The fact that you're working continually helps maintain the momentum and makes a huge difference.


These works aren't in order - this work is actually my first painting and the woman on the jetty is my second work in this series. I really enjoyed this work it was amazing to produce - there's aquarelle pencil overlaid on the foilage/greenery.



I love this painting - it's a combination of design and pattern. There's a funny story attached to this painting - the paper is a very high percentage of cotton and sucks up the paint mercilessly! At first I struggled with it, but then I really got into into it and began to enjoy the method of painting you need to employ to work successfully on the paper. My husband is convinced he could easily create a successful work of art and asked me for a piece of paper one day to prove his point... So with a Machiavellian grin I gave him some of this paper. Tee hee hee. Needless to say the masterpiece didn't happen.

The other great thing about this painting is that I'd received some crits saying my work was too flat and there was no depth to it, so I decided to exploit that aspect and really pushed the flat dimensionality of the work. I used that as the intrinsic characteristic of the work. Did I mention how much I really enjoyed this work?

No comments: