Saturday, July 12, 2008

Greenfingers, Smish and Pixie

Finally I got my little figure I called Greenfingers onto a canvas! I really enjoyed using acrylics, although it is a first for me and I'm getting used to the medium. These paintings aren't meant to be taken too seriously. It's a light hearted break from the detail I embroil myself with. The cats I added were modelled on our 2x cats Smish and Pixie. Smish is the big cat and very serious and skittish and very easily scared. Pixie is the small skinny cat and she is adventurous, plays catch with a ball that's slightly smaller than a squash ball. She carries that in her mouth and brings it back to you so you can throw it down the passage again. She also loves water and jumps in the bath regularly. They're 2 real characters and I had to put them in. I have about 13 drawings of planned compositions and situations for them, but until I've mastered the acrylic technique, I'll have to hold off on those ideas.
The first appearance of the cloud and tale continues... This one is called "Smish gets suspicious".

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I love this! One day you have to do children's book illustration. Thank you for letting me know about your blog, I previously was not aware. I will check in occasionly.

Yvonne said...

I love this guy. I immediately thought children's book when I saw the picture. I say that should be a project in the near future!!