Friday, August 7, 2009

The Universe has a Sense of Humour

Last night Rachel was restless and sounded as though she wanted to vomit again, so I stayed up until about 1am to make sure she was ok.
So, we're rushing to get ready this morning and have the usual bickering between Emma and Rebecca and the usual yelling from mom threatening the next person who opens their mouth is doomed to ONE WEEK OF KITTY LITTER DUTY!!! TRY ME, GO ON!!!
Nostrils flare and smoke escapes my ears and I think the surrounding neighbours close their windows and doors - but that's ok, cos someone around us has an alarm that starts at 4am and finishes at 6am. Just wait until I get my hands on that poor sod...
So, we're all done and we race downstairs to get into the car and as I lift Rachel to put her in the car seat, I hear that warning cough...
Emma yells, "Get her out the car, Mom, QUICK!'
I grab her and aim her mouth away from the general direction of the car and her clothes when suddenly it rains baby porridge. Well, I pat myself figuratively on the back - that was a good save! Only, Rachel's not done yet - in fact, she goes and sticks her hand in her mouth when the next batch of porridge makes it's speedy exit... Sigh...
By this stage, Emma and Rebecca are hiding in the car, making noises like eyeww! and gross! I grab the keys, run back upstairs with Rachel who is staring at her gooey hand and muttering about how yuck it is and how she'd very much like to have that washed right now if you don't mind...
I managed to take 4 minutes to clean up and get back in the car and back on the road! I think that's a record!
After being down about the career and up again after realising it's not so bad, someone who was at Technikon with me was on TV last night. He is a BRILLIANT ceramic artist - I adore his work, but I can't help feeling the universe has a sense of humour that I'm not finding at all funny right now!

1 comment:

Jinjajam said...

Lulu you gotta remember you are first a BRILLIANT mother, then second a BRILLIANT artist !!!and we all gotta laugh at life