Thursday, April 23, 2009

Voting in SA

So, I got my "little" black smudge on my thumb that resembles a painful slam in the door, but I'm really disappointed to find the ANC has no real opposition. I was really impressed by the arguments of COPE's spokesman in a debate the other night. He was the only opposition who wasn't finger pointing. He spoke of practical problems that weren't addressed and the need to address them while all the others talked wide berths around the point... In spite of the lack of performance, the country is still not ready to vote a different party into government and are quite willing to continue living in squalor and poverty while the upper echelon reap the benefits of policies that suit the wealthy and well connected. So, what can you do?
I believe education is a huge key, but also we need to get rid of all intimidation. This morning in PE one of the COPE representatives was shot to death in his lounge by 3 assailants who got away in a vehicle with ANC stickers.
Not to mention what goes on in the rural areas...

2 comments:

Denae said...

That is horrific about the COPE rep. So so very sad that democracy is not real in SA. I also loathe those in the U-S who take our election process and government for granted when others have it so bad. Please be careful!

Anonymous said...

date: 30 April, and I have STILL have the black mark on my thumb. people are gonna start to think that i do not wash. I am glad that the ANC do not have the 2/3 majority. It is a step toward change.