Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Burning Lipstick...

Ha ha! Denae, I breezed through your blog and the make up entry reminded me of an experience I had. I might have told you this one...
I was sitting watching TV one evening and I saw an advert selling this lipstick. I didn't catch the whole advert, just the bit about getting a free mascara with this amazing new lipstick. So, I went of to the shop that was advertising the special, found the lovely colour that suited my skin type, and didn't bother to put it on in the shop since I don't fancy putting that tester near my mouth thanks very much.
Anyway, I get home, go to the bathroom and put on my fabulous new lipstick. I walked down the passage (which isn't a long way - it's a short passage) and the overwhelming burning sensation starts searing my lips - and I don't mean just a little tingle to tell you it's working - I'm talking deep heat, vicks kind of burning... I race back to the bathroom and start removing the offending specimen - which doesn't really help, since although the colour is gone, it's still burning like the dickens...
That evening, as I'm sitting considering if it's actually possible for lipstick to be rotten to the extent that it burns the living daylights out of your lips, I see the advert again and this time, I watch really carefully - undivided attention time.
It turns out, the lipstick has collagen in it, for fuller, plumper more kissable lips. Hmm. I think this might be just the thing for me. Richard is inclined to call me snake lips at times and this sounds like something I could really use... Of course, then I start imagining Goldie Hawn in First Wives Club and I take myself back to the bathroom for a test run.
So, on it goes again, this time I prepare myself for the searing fire and I wait for the "plumping". Well, after an hour, I realise that I'm going to have to be happy with the colours that suit my skin type and burn like the dickens for at least the first 10 minutes of wear...

1 comment:

Denae said...

Haaaaaa! I have always wanted to try that type of lipstick!! Thankfully, you've already published the review and I don't think I have the threshold for pain. :) LOL.....