Friday, April 24, 2009

The Kidney Stone Conclusion

So, if there was any doubt before, there's definitely none now: I am not nursing material. Rich went into hospital and had the stent removed and the last 3 stones lasered. I arrived at the hospital as he came out and I helped him put his clothes on. This time the pained expression was more from the wedgy he got from me dressing him than the actual pain he was experiencing! Anyway, eventually he has something to eat and the tray with the food hovers above his groin area.
Rich asks feebly for me to "lower it" and I assumed he meant the tray with the food on it, so I press the lever but forget to put my hand under it to stop it from slamming down at high speed...
His eyes rolled back and he let out a few groans. Then I establish that actually he meant "lower the bed". So I hunt for a lever to lower the bed and his eyes pop open in horror and he says, "Just leave it."
Eventually, the nurse walks past and I ask her to show me which lever lowers the bed and in a terrified start, Rich says "No thanks, I'm fine!" his eyes are still enormous...
So, I guess it should be no surprise then that this morning instead of phoning me to come and fetch him, HE WALKED HOME!!!
Sigh, I meant well, you know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Richard looked good on Sunday. He was his usual self and so i guess the let-me-play-with-viwe's-mind will kick in.