Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Bug

This is Emma a few years ago.



On Tuesday night I made some muffins and a chicken, rocket and noodle salad that Nigella and Jamie wouldn't mind trying. I was soooo prepared for Wednesday. So, at tea time I scoffed a muffin and cup of rooibos. By one o'clock I had that sweaty pasty feeling where you've got to take large gulps of air to try and stabilise yourself... I still had to collect Rachel, the baby and an hour later Emma and Rebecca from school and then home... I've heard stories that out of necessity, you can control your body to a point, and I'd never quite believed that until I sat in the car for 45 minutes with Rachel climbing all over me and testing out the car's amusement centre (indicators, windscreen wipers, etc). By the time Emma and Rebecca got in the car I was positively beside myself! I screamed like OJ "Get in the car" and raced home as fast as I could without putting the family in jeapordy.

Now I'm too scared to go near the muffins...

And I didn't get to taste my amazing chicken rocket and noodle salad!!! Grr.
At this point I must say that in case you're looking for the perfect man/husband, the perfect sister-in-law and the perfect mother-in-law, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but they're all taken. Unless of course you're marrying into the family (Denae you lucky girl!). Richard not only does the washing and vacuuming and fixes all the sores, scratches and scrapes, his mom also washes the dishes while you're passed out in a coma on the bed. And Rich's sister who has 5 daughters - one vomiting and a husband who's away took all the girls to school and was willing to fetch as well!

1 comment:

Denae said...

So glad to know that Richard can give Kings a few lessons on cleaning house. :) I have always adored your family since the day we met. I AM a lucky girl. Hope you are feeling better hon.