Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Move

It took only 3 hours to move everything into the new place. Wow! Kathy is amazing - I couldn't keep up with her! Anyway, it's taken us the past 2 days to pack stuff and rearrange and get everything organised.
Last night I went out with Vimbai and Yvonne to see New Moon. It was a little disconcerting having the entire movie theatre filled with tweenagers and it was even worse watching the movie with them since they were under the misguided notion that it was an interactive experience (I blame play stations!!!).
I was once again reminded why I read NM so quickly - skipping over all the pathetic lovesick schtickk between Bella and Edward. Of course, in the movie I was subjected to that whole dreadful ordeal in addition to really inexperienced or just plain bad acting...
Apart from Jacob, that is. If only the book had been written about the wolves! I loved every minute that Jacob and the pack were on the screen, it was so brilliantly done, I really enjoyed it. As for the beginning and end of the movie... Ho hum, yawn... Ok, Emmett was good - but could somebody PLEASE do something with Jasper's wig and constipated expression??? Somebody give that boy an eanama. (Don't judge me with the spelling - I've been up since 3am with Rachel)
It was great to get out and I was so grateful to Emma who played mom and took care of bath time, supper time and nursing when Rebecca cut her head open falling out a box... Don't ask. Rich was busy putting up curtain rails and lights and fans...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went to see New Moon. It was ok but something was missing for me. I prefered the book, for sure. I thought the half naked dudes was not on. I did not go to see that nonsense. Jacob's school play acting needs drastic improvements.

Bella....:)Vanilla fever there....