Monday, July 13, 2009

Cars and Rain

Richard has a Ford Baki and I have a Ford Tracer - they're great green cars with low running costs but there is one annoying drawback: there's a manufacturing flaw in all these vehicles and the windscreen and some other unknown place I can't find yet in my car LEAKS LIKE A BUCKET! Up until a few weeks back, it wasn't a big deal because we seldom get rain and when we do, it's a maximum of two hours and then it stops. But here's the thing: Rich has this awful problem that when he pulls away or stops, a splash of water lands directly in his lap (how's that for Murphy's Law's aim??) and it's a little embarrassing when he gets out the car. So, when it rains before he leaves for work, he sighs resignedly and hangs his head low as he walks out the door!
Up until last week, I really only had the problem of a puddle developing under the petrol pedal, but last week I noticed in the pelting rain that the windscreen wipers weren't wiping the rain on the windscreen... That was when I realised it was dripping on the INSIDE of the windscreen!! Oh boy! The girls and I had a good laugh at that.

No comments: