Monday, September 29, 2008

Which one?

I touched this work up a little with some very dark pigment - I felt the tyres were too dark and there wasn't enough bits of really dark pigment in the rest of the painting.
This painting is almost done - I still want to work in some more colour and tighten up the figure and decoration on her clothing.

I'm sitting with a quandry. I'm entering one painting into an exhibition in America and I have to choose between these two. I've already made a tentative choice of the Seagull painting, but I'd love it if everyone could vote for their choice.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I choose the second painting. It is better it appeals to me more then the first.

Gideon said...

I love the darker colors in the second painting. But the Sea Gull painting reaches out. Sea Gull is my vote.

Teri's Blog said...

sea gull is good.

kimminla said...

I vote for the second one. Especially if you are sending it to the US, it seems more "African".

Denae said...

I adore the seagull painting. It captures the flow of nature while exuding calm or a sense of peace. The detail work in the sky is incredible.

Jinjajam said...

You have to go with the African lady sewing her dream into an American quilt.
Lulu..you know I love them both !!

Denae said...

PS - don't forget to tell us which one you're sending. Such suspense! :)