Saturday, September 27, 2008

Saturday Morning

First of all, I just need to say a really big thank you to those comments I've received about the artwork. I really do appreciate it. I have an objective for my artwork and it's very hard to stay focused when it takes so long and when people around me keep trying to distract me by insisting I have exhibitions. I'm trying to build a portfolio of work to submit to publishing companies and have prints made. It's a long process because of how incredibly slowly I work. So I've sat down and thought about ways to improve the process. I decided to work on more than one painting at a time. This way, when I hit "the wall" with one work, I can work on another in the mean time and be more effecient. The best laid plans... I'll be sure to let you know how that works!

The next thing I wanted to say is I'm on dial-up, and I end up having very little time to actually work on the net. (Well, let me put it this way, I can do a load of laundry, wash the dishes and probably put make up on - except I don't wear the stuff... while I wait for the next page to load up!) So, I'm not exactly a pro at blogging and I want to link everyone's blog to mine, but um... er I haven't figured out how to do that yet. So be patient, I'll get there.

And now for the idle drivle or is that drivell?

I watched Iron Man against my better judgement... I love comics that have been converted into movies. I sit and watch while Richard points out all the legistical impossibilities of whatever happens. Ever heard of "suspend your disbelief" honey? Oh, my goodness I can't bare watching a movie when someone is yacking... Anyway, back to the movie. So, I really, REALLY don't like Robert Downey Jnr. This is the principal reason for me avoiding a movie I would normally rush out and see. Have you ever noticed how some men just cannot at any point in their lives wear a goatie? I would have to say that despite impeccable manicuring by a very talented make-up and hair stylist, RDJ cannot and will never be able to pull of a goatie. No sirree. So, that being one of the minor irritations, the major annoyance being RDJ's presence in the movie - I could think of a few people who would have pulled off a better performance. That being said, I really enjoyed the rest of the movie. Jeff Bridges is such a good bad guy and even Gwynnie Paltrow with all her faux freckles pulled off a convincing character portrayal.

1 comment:

Denae said...

I'm with you on the goatie. I just don't care for facial hair -- Kings had what I'd call a "soul patch" for a while. It was a spot of hair under his bottom lip and after some loving hints he shaved it. When I didn't even notice he was annoyed. Haha. Clean shaven is so much nicer.