Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Mountain goes to a Cricket Match

The Indian Premier Cricket thing is going on at the moment and against my better judgement, I went with Rich and Emma while mom looked after Bex and Rachel.

First let me just say I have no business attending sports events... I seem to bring this bad omen where ever I go... I attended a volley ball tournament and a guy collapsed on the court with a heart attack, and at the cricket, a few rows away, a woman collapsed with a heart attack. A coincidence? I think not...

So, they have a DJ at the cricket and we arrived 2 hours early to get good seats and for those two hours, the music reverberrated through the stadium and I watched the structure suspiciously, wondering how well the architect did at school and whether he was any good at calculating the endurance and resilliance of the materials he was working with. Then I began to wonder if he knew the effects of bass and sound on materials. That got me thinking about Joshua and what pitch the trumpets were at to collapse the Etruscan walls to dust... (Or were they Phoenician? Or Babylonian?)

So, as I'm fretting about the structure collapsing and being trampled to death, my mind then wonders onto the fact that cricket has to be added to, to make it interesting. Then I got to wondering how dumb and inattentive the organisers actually thought we were that we had to have a blaring DJ, a bunch of girls trying to be cheerleaders (Denae, you would have laughed yourself silly) and fireworks everytime a team hit a 4 or a 6 or ran someone out. I was just wondering where the Bollywood dancers were... And I also began to wonder if anybody actually came to see the cricket... There were rather large groups gathered around the cheerleaders who's routines looked more like pole dances than cheerleading routines - and in case any of you are wondering how I know what a pole dance looks like, IT WAS ON OPRAH!! So, they're standing around taking pictures, and as I walk past from the loo, I notice THEY HAVE FISH NET STOCKINGS ON!!!! Eyew!

In case you assume I was a complete wet blanket, I was the only one in the family who stood up for the really bad Mexican wave!

My headache finally subsided yesterday after a couple of strong tablets! The cricket was on Saturday...

4 comments:

Denae said...

Haaaaaaa! Pole dancers and a loud DJ really makes for a bad afternoon. However, good on you for giving it a go! Next time, bring ear plugs. :)

Missy said...

Fishnet stockings????No wonder there were fireworks!Now I wonder how we could beef up bowls????

Anonymous said...

"and in case any of you are wondering how I know what a pole dance looks like, IT WAS ON OPRAH!! " - classic ahhahahahahahaha

Jinjajam said...

Spin me another one