Thursday, May 14, 2009

Adverts from the 70's and 80's

Hey missy, your stones chirp got me thinking about some of the adverts we were subjected to in our youth...
Remember the Rama soft ad where the guy butters a brick and takes a bite? I seem to recall some kid trying it and ending up in the Dentists chair!
And how about that pantihose advert?? "If you're as big as a house, small as a mouse..." I don't even remember what the rest was or what the pantihose were!
I suppose the fact that television was still very much in it's infancy accounts for the appalling viewing. My children can't believe we sat in front of the TV at all. But then, I feel pretty much the same about Sponge Bob Square Pants - Come on, Joanne - that is just not funny. Ed, Edd and Eddy I can still muster a giggle or smile here and there even if it is a little gross at times, but SBSP really isn't funny. And I don't hear the kids laughing.
Remember how the whole family used to sit in front of the Cosby show and everyone would be in fits of hysterical laughter?
Either TV has lost it or we have - I can't be sure which. Maybe it's both.

1 comment:

Denae said...

Kings had the tube on a Cosby re-run last night and it WAS funny.