Monday, February 2, 2009

Dusting the cobwebs off the keyboard...

I can't believe it's been such a long time since I visited my blogspot, nevermind actually writing something!
Aside from the disastrous consequences of the global recession reaching our neck of the woods - factories/plants and numerous businesses closing or on short time - the year has started out slow but is picking up.
Here's a message especially for Trixie: I consider myself a professional artist - I don't know if others would considering I don't earn a living from it! Every year I begin with the overwhelming hope and enthusiasm that this year will bring the break that will allow me to ditch all other income generating jobs and devote myself entirely to the pursuit of artistic happiness and tranquility, this year is no different! I have recently sold work to galleries in the US and had paintings published in magazines. That was really exciting.
My paintings take a long time in between motherhood and the 3 jobs I juggle, so I have this constant dilemma of doing the paintings that I love which take at least a year to complete and producing fun little doodles to try and make a break in the more commercial art side. I have millions of ideas for artwork, but the limited time means only the tip of the iceberg is exposed. I am somewhat challenged in the marketing area - I am shy and really really bad at selling anything... In fact, I end up giving paintings away to friends and family. So, that's about the gist of it. I love painting portraits too.

Thanks Viwe! Got the rest and I'm looking forward to this new year - hope your new year started out well.

Thanks D - you're a star!

1 comment:

Denae said...

Hooray, good to see your updates again!